Welcome to the Forum!

Please read this before you post anything! Important information...
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Welcome to the Forum!

Postby Soundman2020 » Thu, 2019-Sep-19, 22:58

SOUNDMAN-Studio-Design-Forum-WELCOME-Logo-MAIN2.jpg

Welcome!

The Soundman Studio Design and Acoustics forum is for people who want to design and build their own recording studios, home theaters, listening rooms, rehearsal rooms, or other acoustic space. Its a place to share experiences, document progress, ask questions, learn, and help each other out with advice.

It is also very appropriate for people with other types of acosutic problems, such as churches, performance spaces, offices, restaurants, shops, houses, audiophile rooms, or any other place that needs good acoustics.

Feel free to browse, comment on other threads, and certainly to post your own thread about your place.... but please read the forum rules first! (click here)

Why did I start yet another studio design and acoustics forum? Because I've been posting on other people's forums for well over a decade, limited by their restrictions, and I figured out it was time to have a better place! With as few restrictions as possible.... and no advertising to get in the way! I plan to keep this place free from commercial advertising. Hopefully the "donate" button will keep enough funds flowing to pay for the site itself, and there won't be any need for paid advertising.

The forum is now available in multiple languages, using the "Google Translate" feature, which we recently installed. At the top of every page is a "Translate" icon, with a field that lets you select the language you'd like to read the forum in. However, please only post in English... for now! We will be implementing sub-forums in other languages in the future, but at present it's much easier for everyone if all the posts are in English, which can then be seen in other languages. But do be careful! I'm not at all convinced of the quality or accuracy of Google Translate... I checked a few pages in languages that I do speak, and some of the translations were reasonable, but others were quite.... shall we say "amusing"!

If you'd like to introduce yourself to the forum (even if you aren't planning to design or build your own studio yet), then drop into the Green Room (click here), and say hi! (Please do not reply directly to this thread).

And if you are desperate to get started on your design right away, here's the best place to do that: How to design your own recording studio (click here).

Stuart Allsop
(Soundman2020)

Avare

Re: Welcome to the Forum!

Postby Avare » Fri, 2019-Sep-27, 05:43

Congratulations! And thank you for the welcome!

Good studio building is 90% design and 10% construction.

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Fri, 2019-Sep-27, 15:01

Wow! Andre is here! This is great. A very warm welcome to you, Grand Master of Acoustics! :thu:

- Stuart -

recaro19

Postby recaro19 » Wed, 2019-Oct-09, 11:24

Hey Stuart!

Thanks for the welcome. I got in touch with you over at GearSlutz and have taken yet another set of measurements following your guide. I think I did it right this time so will post for you soon!

Look forward to documenting my progress.

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Wed, 2019-Oct-09, 12:20

Great! I certainly do remember your thread over there, and I'm real glad you made it over here too. Welcome again!

It would be great if you could start your own thread here, on the new forum, about your room problems and treatment issues, as this is where I'll be concentrating most of my efforts. I'll still be on other forums occasionally, and I'll reply on your thread over at GS, for sure, but this is my new "center of operations"!

In fact, I'm going to create another area within the forum especially for you to get started, since I realized that there's no specific place here for people who already have studios, don't need to design one, don't need to build one, but do need to treat one that isn't working so well!

So, here you go! The brand-new, completely unused "RECORDING STUDIO TREATMENT" area. and you have the amazing privilege of being the first to post a thread there...

Click here for the new "Recording Studio Treatment" forum

- Stuart -

recaro19

Postby recaro19 » Wed, 2019-Oct-09, 17:02

Soundman2020 wrote:Great! I certainly do remember your thread over there, and I'm real glad you made it over here too. Welcome again!

It would be great if you could start your own thread here, on the new forum, about your room problems and treatment issues, as this is where I'll be concentrating most of my efforts. I'll still be on other forums occasionally, and I'll reply on your thread over at GS, for sure, but this is my new "center of operations"!

In fact, I'm going to create another area within the forum especially for you to get started, since I realized that there's no specific place here for people who already have studios, don't need to design one, don't need to build one, but do need to treat one that isn't working so well!

So, here you go! The brand-new, completely unused "RECORDING STUDIO TREATMENT" area. and you have the amazing privilege of being the first to post a thread there...

Click here for the new "Recording Studio Treatment" forum

- Stuart -

Awesome! I'd be happy to post a new thread here. The one at GS is bit messy and out of hand anyways. I went back and forth a lot trying to understand where to start so would be good to start a new fresh post. Let me make sure i get everything in order and i'll post for your later tonight.

Look forward to working with everyone and sharing knowledge!

Best.

Purelythemusic

Postby Purelythemusic » Sat, 2019-Oct-12, 19:06

Thanks! I look forward to learning, so grateful for such a resource!

- Success in music is being able to make music whatever your situation -

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Sat, 2019-Oct-12, 21:23

Purelythemusic wrote:Thanks! I look forward to learning, so grateful for such a resource!
Hi Tom! And WELCOME!!! :thu: So glad you made it here. I'm looking forward to seeing your build thread... :) I think I already know that this is gonna be a hell of a ride, with your major isolation needs...

- Stuart -