Hi and Greetings from Paul- Newbie (keen)

A place for general chit-chat, hanging out, off topic stuff, shooting the breeze, ranting, introducing yourself to the forum, saying "Hi!", etc.
paulthesparky

Postby paulthesparky » Mon, 2021-Jul-12, 11:40

Hi/ Buenos Dias Stuart/ Guys and Girls,

My names Paul. I'm a 54 year old, part time hobby music mixing enthusiast, and part time Industrial Electrical/ Instrument Tradesperson, based in Mandurah, Western Australia. New to the Forum, and like many others here, very interested in improving my mixing environment, which happens to be, at this point in time, in my lounge room. Hope to slowly develop some skills and use some DIY abilities, as far as creating acoustic treatment, speaker stands, a studio desk, as I slowly retreat into retirement, giving me more time to focus on my enjoyable music hobby.

I look forward to interacting with you all, and thank Stuart for donating his precious time.

Cheers

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Mon, 2021-Jul-12, 12:42

Hi Paul,

WELCOME to the forum! :thu: :)

Looking forward to seeing your project take shape!

- Stuart -

Starlight

Postby Starlight » Mon, 2021-Jul-12, 12:49

G'day Paul, good to have you here.

Mandurah must be a nice place (in my mind) as I once shared a house with a vet from Freemantle while he was in the UK for about 18 months and I enjoyed his description and photos of the area. I note that your winter temperature today is merely 3 degrees lower than our summer temperature here. Wow!

paulthesparky

Postby paulthesparky » Mon, 2021-Jul-12, 14:08

Hi Stuart,

Thanks and look forward to posting some shots of the journey as it slowly progresses. I sent through a $10 donation to help out with running costs.

Hi Starlight,

A big hello back to you over there in Slovakia. Yes, Temperature wise it's still a bit cool this time of year, but today at 14 degrees celcius minimum, I'm not complaining as it could be a lot worse when you do get the odd 1 degree day. Mandurah has a great estuary that's 15km long, so definitely some great aspects, as I'm sure you have where you live.

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Mon, 2021-Jul-12, 15:12

paulthesparky wrote:Source of the post I sent through a $10 donation to help out with running costs.
Thanks, Paul! Donations are very much appreciated. The forum does cost money to run, of course, so contributions certainly do help!

Please feel free to start your own thread in the "Design" or "Construction" areas, or any other area you feel like. Let us know where you are in the process right now, and maybe post some photos and s description of what problems you are dealing with, and where you would like to get to.

- Stuart -