Trouble private messaging

A place for general chit-chat, hanging out, off topic stuff, shooting the breeze, ranting, introducing yourself to the forum, saying "Hi!", etc.
Soulshaker Studios

Postby Soulshaker Studios » Thu, 2020-Mar-26, 13:19

Hi Stuart,
I'm having trouble using private messaging and donations. When I try to send a private message it goes to my outbox. I tried private messaging you earlier. I see in the upper righthand box it says possible spammer, maybe that has something to do with it? Also tried to donate and it wouldn't go thru even though my PayPal is fine. Please help me when you can,

-Jason-

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Thu, 2020-Mar-26, 20:04

Hi Jason,

The PM system on all of these "phpBB" based forums is a little strange: when you send a message, it does go to your outbox... then it stays there until the recipient reads it! Once the recipient reads it, then it goes to your "sent" box. If it has not been read yet, then it will stay in your outbox. I have no idea why it works that way (a bit confusing, to say the least!), but there's no way to change it in the forum controls. That's just the way it works, unfortunately.

So... I did see your messages earlier, probably a while after you sent them, so they should be out of your "outbox" now, and in your "sent" box.

Also, I did get a notification about your PayPal donation: Thanks very much! Absolutely appreciated!!! :thu: So it did go through OK. If you check your PayPal account, you should see that it went out just fine. I'm not sure why it looked like it didn't go through, but rest assured, it went through just fine.

Of course, if you want to keep on testing it by making more donations, I would not complain! :) :roll: :lol: In fact, I think all members should test that feature, frequently, to make sure it is working.... :shot: (Just kidding!)

- Stuart -

Soulshaker Studios

Postby Soulshaker Studios » Fri, 2020-Mar-27, 16:30

Thanks Stuart, I get it now. Sorry if I sent you redundant messages lol. Glad my paypal went through too. We are blessed to have this forum and your knowledge and I gladly donate and will again. Everyone should support this great place. Thank you and others for your time & expertise,

-Jason-

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Sun, 2020-Mar-29, 03:20

:thu: Glad you figured it out!

(Ps. I moved the topic to the Green Room, as it seems to be more appropriate here.)

- Stuart -