"Acoustic Fields" - Mystery? Myth? Legend? Scam? Valid? You decide...

Maybe you've heard of "Fake News"? The same happens in the world of acoustics! Here's a place for discussing acoustic myths, legends, mysteries, "questionable" treatment, scams, hoaxes, and just plain old bad information about acoustics, sound, and audio.

The information and products promoted by the place mentioned in this post are:

Questionable: Sounds strange. Not convinced.
No votes
Mystery: I can't even understand him!
No votes
Myth: From the Twilight Zone! Not believable.
No votes
Snake-oil: Just out to make $$$. Not real acoustics
20%
Fake Acoustics!: Pure garbage. Total bunk.
No votes
All of the above.
80%
Fantastic! This is valid, solid, good acoustic stuff: Best place on the web! I plan to do everything they say when I build my studio, and I'll buy all of their products.
No votes
Undecided: Hard to say. I really don't know...
No votes

Total votes: 5

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Thu, 2020-Jan-16, 16:56

Let's just throw this one out there, to see what people think.

https://www.acousticfields.com/

Suffice it to say that this is not held in high esteem by experts in the industry. I would say it's a good example of advice that you probably should NOT follow. Take a look around that place, and see how much actual valid real acoustic test information you can find on the products and videos. For example, see if you can find actual technical reports of tests done in reputable, independent acoustic test labs, that show how the devices work (or even if they work!). And see if you can find references to recognized research principles and established theory, regarding their advice and products. If you do find any of that, then post a link here: I'd be intrigued. I've looked and looked, and haven't found anything remotely like that... but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places! :D

- Stuart -

Starlight

Re: Mystery? Myth? Legend? Scam? Valid? You decide...

Postby Starlight » Sat, 2020-Jan-18, 09:52

Trying to list all the web sites and videos that contain bad science could drive you mad as there will be a never-ending stream of them. Debunking myths and mysteries in general is a positive thing.

John Brandt said, "I used to have a page on my site called the VooDoo page where I would expose bullshitters. The list got too long and it took too much of my time so I left it off the latest version of my website."

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: "Acoustic Fields" Mystery Myth Legend Scam Valid You decide

Postby Soundman2020 » Thu, 2020-Feb-06, 22:17

Jamesufus wrote:Sorry Stuart… pestering you for further advice here; and Ive only been on there forum for a day or so

You mention that my room has:
Soundman2020

? Your post seems to be incomplete!

- Stuart -

Wheresthedug

Postby Wheresthedug » Mon, 2020-May-18, 14:01

I have tried to watch a few of his videos but have never made it the whole way through any of them as they always sound like total BS.

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Thu, 2020-May-28, 00:18

Wheresthedug wrote:I have tried to watch a few of his videos but have never made it the whole way through any of them as they always sound like total BS.
Can't argue with that! I think you'll find a lot of people that share your opinion. :)

- Stuart -